Every book is a new adventure. Some adventures go beyond the story, and straight into your heart.
Here is a list of 15 “fiction” books that strung my heart and changed my life.
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull, written by Richard Bach, first published in 1970.
- Running Out of Time is a novel by Margaret Peterson Haddix, published in 1996.
- Where the Red Fern Grows is a 1961 novel by Wilson Rawls.
- The Giver is a 1993 American novel by Lois Lowry.
- Anthem is a novel by Ayn Rand, first published in 1938.
- TheMetamorphoses a Latin narrative poem by the Roman poet Ovid
- Plato’s Republic written by Plato around 380 BC.
- Veronika Decides to Die is a novel by Paulo Coelho.
- The Alchemist by Brazilian author Paulo Coelho which was first published in 1988.
- The Little Prince first published in 1943, is a novella by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
- Ishmael is a 1992 novel by Daniel Quinn.
- The Pilgrimage is a 1987 novel by Brazilian novelist Paulo Coelho.
- The Fountainhead is a 1943 novella by Russian-American author Ayn Rand.
- The Hunger Games (trilogy) by Suzanne Collins.
- The Forty Rules of Love a 2009 novel by Elif Shafak.
Some of these books I’ve re-read —I’ll re-read all of them again some day. I’d love to design each of them a cover as well!
In the meantime, I wonder how many more great books I’ll find.
Do you have any suggestions.
What more great books can I add to this list?
Have you read any of these books.
[clicking on any of the links on the list will lead you to the Author’s Wikipedia page —I encourage you to do your own research, find out WHO makes the things that you consume]